Eye Health News From Around The Web
Eye Care News -- ScienceDaily Learn about glaucoma symptoms and cataracts, as well as laser eye surgery and optic nerve regeneration. Read the latest medical research on diagnosis and new treatment options.
- Human brain organoids respond to visual stimuli when transplanted into adult ratson February 2, 2023 at 4:26 pm
Researchers show that brain organoids -- clumps of lab-grown neurons -- can integrate with rat brains and respond to visual stimulation like flashing lights.
- Contact lenses to treat dry eye syndromeon January 30, 2023 at 4:24 pm
Engineers have developed a contact lens prototype that is specially designed to prevent contact lens-induced dry eye (CLIDE). The lens alleviates this […]
- Why episodes of low blood sugar worsen eye disease in people with diabeteson January 26, 2023 at 2:55 pm
People with diabetes who experience periods of low blood sugar -- a common occurrence in those new to blood sugar management -- are more likely to have […]
- Research challenges 'sugar hypothesis' of diabetic cataract developmenton January 25, 2023 at 5:16 pm
New findings contradict previous notions about sugar's role in the onset of diabetic cataracts. Using an animal model that more closely recapitulates type 2 […]
- Neuroscientists identify a small molecule that restores visual function after optic nerve injuryon January 20, 2023 at 2:31 pm
Traumatic injury to the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve in the central nervous system (CNS) are the leading cause of disability and the second leading cause […]