Eye Care News — ScienceDaily Learn about glaucoma symptoms and cataracts, as well as laser eye surgery and optic nerve regeneration. Read the latest medical research on diagnosis and new treatment options.
- Reinterpreting our brain’s body mapson January 21, 2022 at 5:48 pm
Our brain maps out our body to facilitate accurate motor control. For a century, the body map has been thought to have applied to all types of motor actions. Now, a research group has revealed that the body relies on multiple maps based on the choice of motor system.
- UK rates of nearsightedness have increased significantly over time, study findson January 19, 2022 at 7:28 pm
Changing environmental factors as well as changing gene-environment interactions could be to blame for increasing rates of myopia, also known as nearsightedness or shortsightedness, over time, suggests a new study.
- Dried goji berries may provide protection against age-related vision losson January 13, 2022 at 8:13 pm
Regularly eating a small serving of dried goji berries may provide protection against age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss in seniors.
- Stem cell model of albinism to study related eye conditionson January 11, 2022 at 4:20 pm
Researchers have developed the first patient-derived stem cell model for studying eye conditions related to oculocutaneous albinism (OCA).
- Modular super-enhancer controls retinal developmenton January 11, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Scientists have identified distinct functions for regions of a super-enhancer that controls gene expression during retina formation, calling it a ‘modular’ super-enhancer.
ONE News Feed This is a ONE News feed
- Top ONE Network Editors’ Choice reviews of 2021on January 21, 2022 at 5:00 am
The top 15 Editors’ Choice reviews in 2021, including several articles on COVID-19 and vaccinations, and implications for eye disease.
- Severe ocular abnormalities noted in children with congenital toxoplasmosison January 21, 2022 at 5:00 am
Following a Toxoplasma gondii infection outbreak in Santa Maria City, Brazil, the authors investigated the prevalence of ocular abnormalities in a consecutive case series of 187 vertically exposed infants.
- Reduced ERM recurrences seen in trials of ILM peelon January 21, 2022 at 5:00 am
This systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature evaluated whether combined epithelial retinal membrane (ERM) and internal limiting membrane (ILM) peeling offered advantages in postoperative visual outcomes over ERM peeling alone.
- Pretarsal vs. preseptal botulinum injections: What is the effect on lagophthalmos?on January 20, 2022 at 5:00 am
Investigators compared the rate of ocular complications, particularly lagophthalmos, between preseptal and pretarsal botulinum toxin injections in patients with benign essential blepharospasm (BEB).
- Specific toric IOL power formulas for keratoconus patients improve their outcomeson January 20, 2022 at 5:00 am
This study analyzed visual and refractive outcomes in patients with keratoconus undergoing cataract surgery with a toric IOL implantation. Investigators compared IOL prediction accuracy between newer keratoconus-adjusted formulas and several conventional formulas.