If you have noticed that your vision is changing, or that you are getting headaches during the day, squinting or getting eye strain. It’s time to visit the optometrist to see if you need prescription eyeglasses, and though you probably know that you can buy glasses for cheap online visiting an eye care professional is a very good idea. In fact, getting regular eye check can also alert you of any diabetes and other seemingly unrelated serious ailments: And some eye problems may not actually have any symptoms so it’s important to make vision care part of your health care program.
Once you picked one of 5 Ways to Find the Right Optometrist
and you’ve made your pick then it’s time to go for your first visit.
First thing is to simply go to the eye care professionals place of business (in the case he is an optometrist than they most likely have a store, an ophthalmologist will most likely have the typical doctors office or clinic) And feel free to bring in notepaper and make notes..or even ask if you can record your exam.
- Once the doctor has asked you questions about your eye care history, any problems you might be having or your family health history. You can ask about what to expect from and during your visit?
- If there is vision loss, ask if your loss is degenerative (gets worst as you get older), if the loss is in the peripheral vision and /or what is the reason of this loss?
- Are there any new symptoms you should watch for? This can be related either to your vision or eye health.
- Find out if there are any side effects, follow-up treatments or other long term care involved with any test that you have to take.
- Find out how often you should come for an eye exam and get vision care; for your vision and eye health needs.
If you need glasses you can then make the decision to purchase at least for the first time (or periodically) from the Optometrist; until you feel comfortable to order buy your glasses online
The optometrist will probably let you know when you can come back for a dilation test (if you have driven yourself) with a friend to drive you back home. And if there are any flyers or other information sheets be sure to pick up a few so you can learn and get more information.